Monday, August 24, 2015

Addiction takes many forms (listen to the Fall)






Addiction takes many forms.
Not just drugs and alcohol.
Not just food and sex.
Some people are addicted to ideas.
Some people are addicted to the truth.
(We're really fucking rare).

I'm addicted to this one band (insert addiction here).
I have to play them all the time.
They have become a kind of parasite.
Or I have become a zombie.
I am a helpless vessel through which the Fall flows.
They burrow into my crevices.
They won't let me go.

I have to hear the Fall often.
I have to hear the Fall and it's a problem.
I have to hear the Fall and everything's alright.
I am in bliss when I am free to not choose
To listen to the Fall.
Listen to the Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, are you on the Fall online forum? If not, that is a great place to talk about all the stuff you mention wanting to communicate about in your "About" blurb (and not just the Fall). Or, if you're on there already, who are you?

    ReplyDelete