Saturday, November 12, 2016

Beauty and tragedy are one




Beauty and tragedy are one.
I heard about this girl.
I met her but she wasn't part of my world.
The girl could not eat.
I still don't understand this thing.

Why does beauty become a curse?
Why do some women choose
To deny themselves sustenance?
When we live in a world of abundance.
In the God-blessed United States.

What are the warning signs
That you don't want to be alive?
She had a heart attack
Because there was something she lacked.
The desire for food was not in her.

Goddamn it's a shame.
And I don't know who to blame.
I'm pretty sure it's the media.
And glossy magazines.
But I still don't dig that scene.

I am baffled by this girl's pain.
I have my own but it's not the same.
What is the pressure that laid her down?
It's a goddamned tragedy
That beauty has to be about shame.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment