Friday, May 5, 2017

Meditations in an emergency



They hit my body with ultra sound to discover
What the human eye could never have found.
And compassion is abound.
The world of the emergency room
Is like being in the womb.

They carry you around like a fragile fetus.
If God were there he would surely meet us.
They give you all proper attention.
In a wheel chair where You
Don't have to move a muscle.
 .
Life is immediate.
The only main ingredient.
Don't need no special sauce.
I know that time is often lost.
But every moment has meaning.
And I will never stop believing.

There I saw the ultimate truth.
But if I told you about it
It would be diluted.
Because experience is
More important than truth.

I'm just grateful to be
On a planet that's still spinning.
In a country that's still winning.
I won't take for granted
The gift I have been given.



No comments:

Post a Comment