Sunday, August 25, 2019

 Jesus Christ has become a popular expletive


Jesus Christ has become a popular expletive.
Perhaps because He is burning with pain.
Up on that cross. Knowing we all are lost.
Religion has become a mockery of faith.

Organized religion has always been about power.
The irony is it purports itself as a flower.
If you want to shove down the truth,
Make sure you have strong boots.

The truth will set you free.
If you don't take too many liberties.
Don't challenge the status quo.
Or you are headed for a tale of woe.

We live in terrible terrible times.
I am so glad to be alive.
Where I can express my opinion.
And have my own dominion.

We are just so ungrateful
We white over-privileged slobs.
We live in a land of abundance.
Though there a lot of shitty jobs.

I am grateful I can express my thoughts.
In this country all is not lost.
But also I am troubled.
Because our leader is befuddled.

I live in the United States.
Thank God for democracy.
A lot of people are less free than me.
I don't live in some shit-hole country.







No comments:

Post a Comment