Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I have fallen into a post-punk hole.
It's the only thing that soothes my soul.
Wire, Magazine, Gang of Four.
Devo, Pil, and Killing Joke.
Early Ultravox for sure.

The post-punks got it right.
Even back then they saw the blight.
Revolution, fuck our institutions.
The government meant to exploit.
In England and the United States.

Everything that disturbed them then.
Has risen to a level well above ten.
Racism, sexism, homophobia.
Can't we all just get along?
In this global world we all belong.

Pere Ubu were above the curve.
Pere Ubu had the nerve.
Pere Ubu were post-punk
Before there was punk.

Post punks hit me where I live.
Their vision always inspires.
They give me the food I require.
Though they started in the late 70's.
For me they are the remedy.









No comments:

Post a Comment