Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My first real post I find myself talking about my cats

So I have had this blog for a little while but I have barely posted anything. It's summertime and I try to not watch much television. I'm content to listen to music or write or paint something. I like to cook a lot too. I live alone with two cats, Gypsy and Sadie. I just gave them both some catnip. They are night and day, those two. Sadie is inward and reproachful to strangers. Gypsy is social and friendly to anyone she meets. Gypsy follows me around and likes to lounge at my feet. She loves it when I put my feet on her. Just rub her belly or the top of her head with my foot. Gypsy loves it. I swear she must have no sense of smell cause my feet stink! Lol

Just now I gave them both some catnip. Gypsy just had a little taste and she was rolling around on the floor with abandon. Sadie just kept eating more and more and barely seemed to be affected by it. But she still didn't want Gypsy getting more than her so she got real territorial and aggressive toward Gypsy. She didn't want Gypsy to derive more enjoyment than she did. Sadie is very selfish and also very jealous of Gypsy. I love both my cats. Sadie can be really warm to me but not so with other humans or even other cats. Don't know why she is that way.

 It gives me great pleasure to watch my cats eat. Their needs are so simple. They are also unproductive and lazy. But every creature has a part to play in life and cats were blessed with indolence. All they do is sit around, sleep, eat, and shit. But for some reason they are great companions because they are utterly dependent on their masters. How could they ever have evolved from creatures that roamed the prairie and searched for their own food. Cat's can't even re-fill their own water bowls or clean their own litter boxes. They are completely useless and helpless but they are also so endearing. I enjoy just having them near when I'm sitting quietly writing in my journal or sometimes watching something on the tube. I wrote a poem about hanging with my kitties and listening to jazz on a Sunday morning. I'll probably publish it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment