Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's not ok to not believe







Everybody believes in something.
The preacher believes in God (most of the time).
The alcoholic believes in alcohol (definitely).
The over-eater believes in food.
The virtuous person believes in their virtue. (I wish I did).
No one is removed from sin.
No one needs to deny they are not perfect.

I believe in the power of the word.
I believe in decent human beings.
I believe in honesty (although it's pretty fucking rare).
I believe in integrity.
I believe in the spirit.
I believe in having a choice (although I hate making it).
I believe in humanity (yeah, right).

The atheist has the strongest faith of all.
The atheist is certain there is no higher power and no meaning in the universe.
It takes just as much faith to not believe as it does to believe.
I believe there is a reason (although it is not for us to understand).
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Everything happens for a reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment