Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I try to reduce my carbon footprint


I try to reduce my carbon footprint.
But I know I'm far from perfect.
And man supposedly is descended from apes.
And who ever heard of a primate that did not throw a little poo.
I recycle at home religiously. At least I am more devout than most.
Yet all the same, it does no good to cast blame.
Because deep down we are all the same.

There is this dilemma with water.
We need it so. We value it so.
Yet we are lambs to the slaughter.
In our corporate materialistic world,
We pay for a resource that should be free.
And thank the powers that be.

Our environment is worth saving.
Corporate materialistic culture
Is a mother fucking vulture.
And no one seems to be immune.
I mean to righteously impugn
Anybody who doesn't give a shit.

I have seen the writing on the wall.
If we make no effort, we are bound to fall.
If it ain't biodegradable, at least use it twice.
Try not to be naughty, try to be nice.
Our resources are far from limitless.

If we all do even a little,
We can save the Earth
From becoming drivel.
Factories belch out poisonous air.
Corporate branding makes us slaves.
All that shit going into the ozone
And the earth will be all our graves.

I am no scientist but how can
A rational mind deny climate change?
The ice caps are melting, The oceans are rising.
It's not too surprising to see the Earth's demise.
'California tumbles into the sea..'
Hope that's not how it's going to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment