Sunday, March 1, 2015

Summer Stock







We all had our parts to play at Summer Stock.
Bur we had roles that weren't written into Summer Stock. 
I was in love with Polly.
Although it was pure folly.
We did the Three Penny Opera.
She was the show stopper.
And I a mere bit player.
Every night I gave her my line.
Sometimes she was cool, sometimes warm.
She made me change my form.
She made me fear I was never born.
She made me so forlorn.

Polly was a short blonde cutie.
An intelligent beauty
Who had ample hips
And gorgeous lips.
Her intellectual rigor
Her looks and her glamor
Her impeccable grammar
All made me sigh and stammer.
I was out of my league.
Polly wasn't Polly.
Polly had a real name.
I loved her just the same.
She didn't go much for fashion.
Her clothes were plain.
T-shirts and pants of navy green.
At the cast party I was smitten.
But our love was forbidden.
No, I was just unworthy.
I was such a pussy.

Polly I desired you.
You made a fire go right through.
Polly why could I not claim you?
At Summer Stock I was infatuated.
I know my feelings were inflated.
But they were so powerful.
And I was so sorrowful
When we said goodbye.






No comments:

Post a Comment