Thursday, July 9, 2015

To-done list







Everybody knows it is good for you
To have a to-do list and check things off.
Setting goals, acknowledging
When you've accomplished them.
But what about a to-done list?
Why not give yourself credit
For things you have already done?

Hey, I did the dishes today!
Let me mark that off my to-done list.
Hey I re-potted my plants!
Better mark it off my to-done list.
Hey, I watched that really cool movie
I kept meaning to get to!
Let me mark it off my to-done list.

What a pleasure to give yourself
Credit for stuff you already did.
Hey, I wrote a poem today.
Hey I read this engrossing book.
Hey I went to work and worked really hard.
Hey I made dinner and it was delicious.
Hey I helped my kid with his homework.
I accomplished something today!
Gotta check it off on my to-done list.

No comments:

Post a Comment