Friday, February 24, 2017

For Bonnie




She lightens up a room.
Like a funky party to a tomb.
Her laugh is pure joy.
And goes ba boom ba boom ba boom.
She's more cool than hip.
And when she let it slip
That she'd never seen the Simpsons,
My face turned crimson.

Bonnie is a treasure
Of a value I can't measure.
She is one of my favorite souls.
Since she left, I don't feel whole.
True, she just went to another firm.
But her kind of heart is hard to earn.
Bonnie we all love you.
There is no one above you.

You swooped down like an angel.
And I feel my breath's been taken.
You're a funny sort of woman.
Who loathes peanut butter and bacon.
For sure you are a strange one.
But I love your every quirk.
And your sly knowing smirk
That makes us all feel we're jerks.

You're a tender loving hooligan.
Makes me need to go to school again.
Learn my ABC's and my 123's.
Sweet sweet Bonnie, you're the bee's knees.
You took our hearts, easy as you please.
Now that you're gone, the whole world can go f-reeze.
I hope these words will make you swoon.
Because we need you back and we need you soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment