Monday, February 6, 2017

For David Pickett



I'm still reeling.
I've lost all feeling.
I tried to listen to a song.
But they all felt wrong.
Every thought in my head
Was about David Pickett being dead.

Only twenty one years young.
His song barely sung.
He had such a glow.
So much warmth.
His heart so big.
Why did he have to go?

Smile like a cat, looking for mischief.
I've got nine lives, he told Bonnie
One more life, what's the difference?
He had so much to live for.
His deep love for his son
Was his deliverance!

We knew him. We loved him.
I can't believe he is gone.
No words can convey
All the sweetness in him.
He suffered so much.
And he had no crutch.

God why did you take him?
When his fortunes were about to turn.
And he still had so much to learn!
This is one of those mysteries
That tests our faith and causes such misery.
Our only comfort being:
He can suffer no more pain on this Earth.
But what is that knowledge really worth?





No comments:

Post a Comment