Tuesday, February 7, 2017

 For David Pickett II



This is a week that couldn't have been scripted.
I need my heart to be lifted.
I don't know what the next day holds.
I will try to take it as it unfolds.
But I am starting to suspect
That the plot is full of holes.

We are all coping with a terrible loss.
And it is taking such a great cost.
My sadness is so deep.
And the fall is so steep.
The only thing I can do
Is write it out in black and blue.

David Pickett is dead.
Did you hear what I said?
God I loved that guy!
The look of love was in his eye.
He didn't have a selfish gene.
And he didn't have a bone of mean.

Everyone who loved him
Wishes we could have him back.
Even for a week, even for a day.
Whatever debts he owed,
He more than paid.
Even if he sometimes strayed.

Goddamn he was a great guy!
I hope the pain is less tomorrow.
And the hurt and the sorrow.
He just went way too soon.
Up in heaven they will
Surely make room.







No comments:

Post a Comment