Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jealousy








Jealousy endlessly seeps through my mind.
Jealousy often causes me to be blind.
Jealousy is a desperate emotion.
Jealousy is a dangerous potion.
You drink it down.
You feel like a clown .
I've never not felt it.
We've all smelt it.
Desire for what we don't have
Makes us feel so bad.

Jealousy is a curse.
There is noting worse.
I'm jealous of everyone pretty.
Deep down I'm sure they're all shitty.
I'm jealous of lovers,
Deep down in their covers.
Do they know more than me?
Is there something I don't see?
Fuck the pretenders!
There's no happily ever after.

It could be a new hairstyle.
It could be the way they smile.
Everyone is under suspicion.
Even look at their follicles!
Deep down in their molecules,
They all have something to hide.
And I know they're no better.

But still I'm obsessed.
And I always think about the best.
Is money all that makes someone blessed?
Is nothing sacred?
Why do I feel such hatred
For those better off than me?

Jealousy is my clarion call.
Jealousy causes me to feel small.
Jealousy is a burden.
Makes me feel like I'm burnin.
Jealousy is a death knell.
Jealousy is a bottomless well.
Jealousy makes me feel like a sycophant.
The way that girl makes me pant.

No comments:

Post a Comment