Monday, December 1, 2014

I bet on a horse





I bet on a horse and she didn't win.
And I kept on throwing money in.
I bet on a horse who I thought had duty.
But I was tricked by her exquisite beauty.
I bet on a horse and she was a dud.
Nearing the finish line she made a big thud.
And she dragged me right into the mud.

I bet on a horse and I thought she was regal.
Such beauty and grace was almost illegal.
Although she was a pretty little filly,
In the end she made me look silly.
I thought my success was well assured.
And that finally finally my luck had turned.
But she turned out to be nothing but a turd.

I bet on a horse and she didn't win.
The way I loved her was almost a sin.
Oh how I marveled when I touched her pelt.
You have no idea how good that felt.
She was a beautiful princess.
But I learned to mistrust
Her conniving ways.
Oh how her charms could sway.

I bet on a horse that I thought was my destiny.
I thought she was the future I was investing in.
But my future sank just like my hopes.
My little pony had me on the ropes.
I was tethered to a losing proposition
Of despair, degradation and sin.
You have no idea the state I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment