Sunday, December 21, 2014

Madness







It's not a club I'm in.
It's more a place within.
It's darkness and terror.
I don't know who is the starer
Who looks deep in my soul.
But I've got this funny notion
That it's a deadly potion
That can swallow me whole.

I'm trapped in this prison.
And it's my mission
To get myself free.
This place is dark and murky.
And it's far from perky.
Someone must have the key
That unlocks my joy.
Else I might be destroyed.

The world should be my oyster.
But I'm in here, cloistered.
Wish my gloom would disappear.
I'm hiding in the shadows.
As deep inside my fear grows.
I can't take the company
Of these demented foes.

I'm never completely certain
Of my own identity.
And it's a real burden.
Life is so confusing.
It's a war I keep losing.
I'm a victim of my own mind.
It's far from amusing
The way the knot binds.

I send out my appeal
To whoever feels
They have it all solved.
The simple is complicated.
Sanity is overrated.
And understanding is dissolved.
Guess I learned my lesson.
Life on earth is not for blessin. 

This is my struggle
To get out of the loony bin
To escape the hole that sucks me in.
It's really unclear
How I got in here.
But it seems that I can't win.
And I'm doomed to sin
And oblivion.

There is beauty in suffering
The madman in me keeps muttering.
You should jump off the train. 
You should embrace your pain.
Life is sadness and horror.
And madness and shame
And there is no restorer
And no one to blame.

This thing is dark that came out of me.
The monster inside has made me see
That there is no heaven and there is no bliss.
That we all are tainted by the devil's kiss.
He's the great deceiver.
And I'm a true believer.
I took the bargain.
But I'll never get my wish.








No comments:

Post a Comment