Sunday, December 14, 2014

I need to learn to fish





I need to learn to fish.
I throw my line in.
But I never get my wish.
My lure is my personality.
And I know how to disguise it
So my prey doesn't recognize it.
It's what fishermen do.
They use a deceptive lure.
It's the best way to capture
The fish at the end of the line.
But I've been waiting such a long time.

To fish is to be patient
To fish is to always be waiting.
It gets so damn frustrating.
My fish would love me
If she only knew
The amazing things I can do.
Guess I still haven't learned
The right technique.
Maybe my outlook is too bleak.
Maybe I'll never get the one I seek.

But I'll keep on throwing my line in.
One day I'll land a mermaid.
Then my happiness will be laid
She'll have beauty, she'll have charm.
She'll  be draped on my arm.
She'll tell me I'm so witty.
She'll be so fucking pretty.
She'll be the finest prize.
She'll be the queen of sighs.

I'm gonna keep on fishing.
I'm gonna keep on wishing.
I think she's somewhere calling.
But I wish she'd quit stalling.
And tell me I'm the one
That makes her life complete.
Whom she knows can't be beat.
See, I'm the real catch!
I just haven't met my match.



No comments:

Post a Comment