Sunday, December 7, 2014

I'm not interested in politics.





I'm not interested in politics.
I'm interested in what makes people tick.
Politics is a parlor trick.
Like a seal spinning a ball on its nose.
Our real needs are the ball that they throw.
The American people's suffering grows
While they put on their ludicrous show.

Politicians make me sick.
Politicians don't give a lick
About the struggles of the working class.
The American people bust their ass
While Congress sits in a palace of glass.
Indifferent and lacking vision.
Full of bickering and derision.

Republicans and Democrats
Are a bunch of fat cats.
Plump and over-fed.
Neither blue, nor red.
More just gray and dead.
Is this for what
Our forefathers bled?

We need a new party.
We need a new voice.
Between vanilla and vanilla
Is there really a choice?
I really don't see belief.
That's my primary beef.
It's rhetoric and white noise.

Politicians are easy to skewer.
They're full of manure.
They make me want to flush them down the sewer.
They lack all conviction.
They spin their gross fictions.
Why do the American people listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment